The Old town of PagIsland of Pag > Pag
The Old town of Pag is located one kilometre from the town centre. So called Stari grad used to be a big and rich town, fortified by strong walls. A village named Kosljun, on the west side of the island, was its port. Exploiting of the salt was the main occupation.
There are numerous ruins of the old houses and the remains of the walls, roads and fortresses in the Old town. However, the best preserved are the parts of the Franciscan monastery and the Romanic church of Holy Mary. The church is mentioned for the first time in 1192.